Asst. Account Manager: Personal Lines
The John M. Glover Agency Job Description
|Title: Assistant Account Manager||Branch: All|
|Dept: Personal Lines||FLSA: Non – Exempt|
I. Job Summary
The primary function of this position is meeting the overall insurance needs of our customers. Provide prompt, accurate and courteous service to our customers, producers and company representatives in order to achieve business growth.
II. Principal Responsibilities
- Direct all incoming phone calls to the appropriate employee.
- Meet and greet customers and company representatives who come into the office.
- Assist Personal Lines Account Managers in providing prompt, accurate, courteous, and professional service to their customers, including technical and administrative support: 1. Process change requests – uploads etc.; 2. Process endorsements in EPIC; 3. Process personal lines non-automated renewals; 4. Monitor personal lines monthly expiration lists
- Check download communication log for completed endorsements from companies
- Prepare and process personal lines DNOCs and reinstatements.
- Handle personal lines claims, including sending 1st Reports to the company and follow-up.
- Order and maintain office supplies for branch employees.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail for branch employees.
- Follow department policies and procedures closely. Prioritize work according to established guidelines.
- Assist manager in any special projects as needed.
High School Graduate
0-2 years general insurance experience
Property/casualty agent’s license preferred, but not required
IV. Job Specific Competencies
Courteous and professional telephone manner and appearance
Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
Pleasant and friendly personality, focused on customer needs
Proficient with Ms Word and Excel
Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently.
Ability to remain calm under pressure
Must enjoy working with and helping people from all backgrounds
Attention to detail, thorough and accurate
Professional work ethic
V. Business Impact/Scope: (span of control, budgets, employees managed, impact on bottom line):
This position’s primary responsibility is to provide superior customer service to our customers. High impact on retention of core business. No budgetary authority, No direct reports. Directly effects customer satisfaction and retention of business.
VI. Organizational Chart:
|Reporting Structure||Career ladder|
Personal Lines Manager
Personal Lines Manager
PL Account Manager
PL Assistant Account Manager
VII. Physical Requirements*:
|Crawling and/or Kneeling||X|
|Reaching above shoulder height||X|
|Grasping and/or Turning||X|
|Pulling and/or Pushing||X|
|Seeing and/or Color Determination||X|
|Traveling i.e. Auto, Train, Plane||X|
|Driving Automatic Equipment||X|
*Standard levels of physical requirements apply, please indicate any deviations from the above chart.