Asst. Account Manager: Commercial Lines
The John M. Glover Agency Job Description
|Title: Assistant Account Manager|
|Dept: Commercial Lines||FLSA: Non- Exempt|
I. Job Summary
The primary function of this position is meeting the overall insurance needs of our customers. Provide prompt, accurate and courteous service to our insureds, producers and company representatives in order to retain and develop our commercial lines book of business.
II. Principal Responsibilities
- Assist service teams in providing prompt, accurate, courteous, and professional service to commercial lines accounts, including technical and administrative support.
- Provide support to account managers and producers with specific customer requests.
- Utilize company website portals to obtain and manage policy and account information.
- Support service teams by processing a range of documents including, but not limited to: Attachments, copying and filing; Auto ID cards, Order MVRs; Certificates of Insurance; Billing Inquiries; Update Driver, Vehicle & Cert Information
- Check endorsements for accuracy & process.
- Prepare and process cancellations and reinstatements.
- Check small renewal policies and mail to customer.
- Document misc. correspondence from Companies in EPIC.
- Respond promptly to service requests from customers.
- Maintain up to date customer files, both paper and electronic files in EPIC.
- Follow department policies and procedures closely. Prioritize work according to established guidelines.
- Act as back-up for answering phones at the front desk and for mail processing as needed.
- Assist manager in any special projects as needed.
High School Graduate
0-2 years general insurance experience
Property/casualty agent’s license preferred, but not required
IV. Job Specific Competencies
Courteous and professional telephone manner and appearance
Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
Pleasant and friendly personality, focused on customer needs
Proficient with Ms Word and Excel
Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently.
Ability to remain calm under pressure
Must enjoy working with and helping people from all backgrounds
Attention to detail, thorough and accurate
Professional work ethic
V. Business Impact/Scope: (span of control, budgets, employees managed, impact on bottom line):
This position’s primary responsibility is to provide superior customer service to our customers. High impact on retention of core business. No budgetary authority, No direct reports. Directly effects customer satisfaction and retention of business.
VI. Organizational Chart:
|Reporting Structure||Career ladder|
Commercial Lines Manager
Commercial Lines Manager
CL Account Manager
CL Assistant Account Manager
VII. Physical Requirements*:
|Crawling and/or Kneeling||X|
|Reaching above shoulder height||X|
|Grasping and/or Turning||X|
|Pulling and/or Pushing||X|
|Seeing and/or Color Determination||X|
|Traveling i.e. Auto, Train, Plane||X|
|Driving Automatic Equipment||X|
*Standard levels of physical requirements apply, please indicate any deviations from the above chart.