Shopping for auto insurance? There are a few things you should know…
- Increase your deductable. Raising the amount you pay when you file a
claim before your insurance company will decrease your annual insurance
- Revisit your insurance options. You have an older auto- do you
really need collision or comprehensive coverage? If the amount you pay
for your insurance is more than the worth of your car- consider just
sticking to liability coverage
- Buy a more conservative vehicle. Your auto insurance costs are
influenced by the type of car you drive. If you choose a flashy car that
is a target for theft, your auto insurance premiums will be affected.
- Look into agencies that offer a low mileage discount. If you drive
less than the standard amount of miles determined by you carrier, your
may have the opportunity to pay less for your premium.
- Have you recently moved? Different places have different insurance
rates. Do some research- you may find that you could be paying far less
for your auto insurance premiums after a move.
- Make sure the information on your auto policy is correct. You may be
surprised how often car models, years, and other valuable information
may be incorrect on an auto insurance policy. Every piece of incorrect
information on your policy may heighten your insurance costs.
- Know your discounts! There may be more opportunities to get
discounts on your auto insurance than you know of. Do your research! You
may be able to save if you have multiple policies with an insurance
agency, own multiple vehicles, are a college student, or are of a
When shopping for auto insurance, ideally would like to get the most coverage at the lowest rate. Check out The John M. Glover Insurance Agency. We are an independent insurance agency that works for YOU- not the national carriers. Visit our site to learn more about your Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, and New Jersey auto insurance options, or to get a free online quote.