Have you been enjoying the sun’s rays this summer? While it may feel nice to lie in the sun, it is not exactly the healthiest activity. Sun damage and skin cancer are on the rise in the United States. So how can you protect yourself? Allow our CT life insurance agency to share a few tips…
• Avoid lying in the sun during peak times. The sun is strongest from 11 am to 4 pm!
• ALWAYS wear sunscreen, no matter what you are doing that day.
• Opt for sunscreen that has at least 30 SPF or higher.
• Make sure you apply sunscreen at least 15 minutes before you go outside. It needs time to sink into your skin.
• Always apply sunscreen after swimming. Even waterproof sunscreen will come off.
• Wear a hat to protect your scalp and face from the sun.
• Wear sunglasses to protect the sensitive skin around your eyes AND your eyes.
• Don’t forget to visit your skin doctor at least once a year, especially if you start to notice new sun spots or marks.
Looking tan is not everything… your health is much more important! Lather on the sunscreen, no matter where you are heading in the summer time.
Every year, skin cancer affects more than 2 million people. If you are not careful, you could be its next victim. To protect yourself, follow these tips above. It is also best to plan for the worst case scenario by looking into CT life insurance. If you are interested in learning more about this policy, our agency would be happy to speak with you and provide you with a free quote.