Will you be celebrating Earth Day this weekend? We sure hope so! Whether you are a homeowner, business owner, or even a student, our Connecticut insurance agency believes that there are always ways to go green, conserve and give back to our planet. So what are you doing this weekend?
Here are 10 ideas that may appeal to you:
1. Head to your local farmer’s market, purchase the freshest ingredients and make a green dish!
2. Plant a tree in your backyard with a friend.
3. Organize a neighborhood clean-up squad.
4. Take advantage of sunlight; do not turn on the lights today!
5. Head to a local park or beach to clean-up!
6. Get to gardening! Now is a great time to plant spring flowers and clean-up your window boxes.
7. Conserve water by passing on the shower today.
8. Replace all the bulbs in your home with compact fluorescent (CFL) bulbs.
9. If possible, avoid driving today. If anything, ride your bike around town!
10. Unplug all appliances that are not in use around your home.
Our Connecticut insurance agency believes it is so important to protect our planet, just as important as it is to protect ourselves with coverage. Whether you are in need of a common policy such as auto, home or life, or in need of a specialized policy such as flood, earthquake or watercraft, our Connecticut insurance agency will have you covered. Stop by for a free quote!