The weather has been warming up in New England! What have you been doing to enjoy the great outdoors? Now is a popular time to break out all the spring toys, such as dirt bikes, motorcycles and even four wheelers. It’s off-roading season! Are you covered with the proper Connecticut insurance?
Now that the season has begun, it may be a good idea to go over a few safety rules and precautions before you hit the dirt road.
• Make sure your vehicle is running properly, gassed up, filled with fuels, etc. Your bike should be properly maintained for the smoothest ride possible.
• Know the area that you will be riding in. The last thing you need is unexpected terrain to put an end to your fun.
• Make sure you are geared up. A helmet, sturdy jacket, boots, gloves and long pants are usually perfect for these types of adventures.
• Consider taking a safety training course to keep your knowledge on safety sharp.
• Stay OFF of paved roads. These vehicles are designed for rough terrain, NOT public roads.
• Avoid going alone. It is best to have a buddy, just in case you are injured or lost.
If you follow these off-roading safety tips, you may be able to avoid a disaster this season. However, all the safety precautions in the world will not eliminate the risk 100%! This is where our unique Connecticut insurance policy comes into play. Be sure to ask us about our off-road vehicle and ATV insurance options. Your vehicles and liability should be covered at all times; the dirt road can be a dangerous place!