As a parent, you have most likely been dreading the day that your child receives their license. This is exciting for your child, but for parents… not as exciting! With so much ahead on the road, driver’s education is hardly enough to teach your child right from wrong. To make sure your child is prepared, you should always be setting a good example and looking into reliable coverage. Luckily, we offer reliable CT car insurance for your teenage driver, and even a discount if they have a GPA of 3.0 or higher!
In the meantime, here are a few tips to pass along to your new driver:
• Put the cell phone away while driving. If it is out of sight, it will be out of mind. Your child can do this by putting their phone in their purse or even on the backseat to avoid the temptation.
• Keep the volume of music at a minimum. It is so important to be able to hear any sirens or horns around you!
• Be careful of potholes and windy roads. First-time drivers may underestimate these issues on the road. Both can be damaging and life-threatening if the driver is not careful.
• Watch the headcount in the car. As a parent, it is important to let your child know about any restrictions during the first year of driving. Many states have laws having to do with the number of passengers in the vehicle during the first year or so.
• Make sure your child always fills up. An empty tank is not only damaging to a car but may also leave your child stranded in the middle of nowhere.
While these are all great tips to pass along, your teenager is not the only one who is in need of a few tips and advice. As a parent, it is important to choose reliable CT car insurance for your new driver. Your child should have coverage such as: liability, medical, comprehensive, and collision. Lucky for them, they may even be eligible for a discount! If your child has good grades (a GPA of 3.0 or higher), he or she could be eligible for a good student discount. See, coverage is affordable and it will ensure protection!