Congratulations on your new apartment! As a renter, you should expect a whole new set of responsibilities, from cleaning your place to paying the monthly bills. However, having a place to call your own is totally worth it, as long as you budget! To help you, our Connecticut insurance agency has a few money-saving tips to offer that may save you a couple hundred here and there.
Here are 7 ways to save money as a renter:
1. Avoid eating out! It may be tempting to start ordering out and avoiding the kitchen, but this will ultimately run up your credit card bill.
2. Speak with your landlord about installing Energy Star appliances to save on energy bills.
3. Unplug appliances that are not in use, such as the toaster, hairdryer, DVD player, etc.
4. Purchase renters insurance as soon as you move in. It is inexpensive and will make sure your personal possessions and liability are protected. The last thing you need is a small mishap turning into a financial crisis. You may even be able to combine renters and car insurance for a discount!
5. Leaking faucet? Do not hesitate to tell your landlord! Any issues such as this should be taken care of or it may cost you in the long run.
6. Install compact fluorescent bulbs to save energy.
7. Get in the habit of using cash versus your credit card. This way, you can keep track of your expenses much easier.
As you can see, there are a variety of ways to save as a renter, you just have to be conscious and mindful!
If you are looking to save money on your renters insurance, look no further. Our Connecticut insurance agency would be happy to discuss ways to lower your premium with you. Everyone deserves to save!